Are your community hours done?
March Break is great time to get more hours! See Guidance for ideas.
Avoid Senioritis! Remain academically competitive!
Miriam Webster defines senioritis as “an ebbing of motivation and effort by school seniors as evidenced by tardiness, absences, and lower grades.” Essentially it is the general “slacking’ that comes on the downside of the buildup to college and university applications. The hard work and anticipation of acceptances happen during first term, and once accepted, students feel tempted to just slide down the slope through graduation, not realizing the potential consequences of their actions.
Attend Spring Open Houses
Mark your calendars and save the date! Spring Open Houses are another opportunity to find out more about the College/University of your choice, and get a glimpse of what life at post-secondary is like!
- Attend program-specific information sessions
- Meet faculty, staff, and students
- Tour the campus, residences, and the city of where the school is located
- Gather information about student supports and services
- Attend financial aid info sessions